So, we are coming into the season were we as consumers, use the most energy.
With high heat-wave alerts we are turning on the air conditioners more and keeping them running, we use way more water to stay hydrated as well as cooling down in cold showers and to top it all off, all the consumption is happening well it is seriously hot out which is during peak hours.
There are tons of different ways to stay cool this summer and you can conserve energy and save some serious coin along the way.
Here are some tips that I use to help conserve energy in my house:
- Make sure all lights are off in rooms you are not using, and use energy efficient bulbs.
- Make sure that you do laundry in the early morning or night after 7pm. This is when peak hours are over.
- If you have a dishwasher make sure you run it during the same hours as above, and make sure you do full loads.
- Set your air conditioning to only come on in short intervals during the day, and try and utilize any ceiling fans you have in the home.
- To help keep your house cool make sure all dampers and outdoor vents are open to allow hot air to escape.
- I also make sure that any watering I need to do, I do in the evening so that I am not using water during those peak hours as well.
If you are interested in learning more about how to conserve energy and save more money check out this website I found: www.saveonenergy.ca They’re are even more tips here.
What you are doing to help keep your hard earned dollars in the bank this summer?
Get a Fast & Free Savings Quote Today
We Negotiate a better deal with the people you owe money to!