Seeing as though today is the first day of Spring – everyone sets their sights on their house, apartment, car, closet, etc. There is nothing wrong with any of those but one thing people forget about “cleaning” is their finances.
Take some time this coming weekend to go over all of your financial obligations and re-evaluate your monthly budget.
Things to consider:
– Are there some expenses you can cut out all together? (a credit card with a zero balance on it, why not cancel the card all together?)
– Bills that you can take a step to lower every month? (Turn off the heat, open some windows and stop/help cut your heating costs)
– Credit cards that have a low balance on it and instead of making a minimum monthly payment on it – just pay it off this month in full and then you don’t have to worry about it anymore.
– Are you banking with several banks? Look at the monthly fees you are paying (for example if you have a checking account with ABC Bank and you are paying $10/month in fees and you are banking with 123 Bank and paying them $10/month in fees, why not get rid of one of the banks and only deal with one? You just saved yourself $10/month or $120/year)
– Now that winter is over – look over your wants and needs for the upcoming Spring/Summer. I am sure some of your monthly expenses are going to be different (Ski memberships vs. Golf memberships?) make sure you are budgeting for the addition of new membership dues for the summer. On the flip side, take the monthly payments from winter and put it towards your debt?
Spring cleaning is good for you – for your mind, soul, house and wallet! Embrace the change!
Get a Fast & Free Savings Quote Today
We Negotiate a better deal with the people you owe money to!